Friday, March 14, 2008

Almost there!

I'm sloooowly getting ready for this weekend's big move! Thanks to the Wasatch Marine Aquariam Society and some VERY helpful members I think I may have solved my coral issue plus got a lot of additions for my 90 gallon that'll make things easier.

First up is a new HUGE batch of Chaeto and Calurpa in the sump that is swarming with copepods and a few brine shrimp I've noticed. I'm going to buy some brine shrimp eggs and hatch them in the sump, I bet my critters will LOVE munching on those!




Here's a Montipora digitata Coral that another member gave me... he's not looking well but I just drove him 20 miles in a bucket of saltwater so I wouldn't be very happy either. He's an SPS so he won't be completely happy until I get him under some Metal Halides.


This new rock came with a HUGE colony of Green Star Polyps (GSP)... the original owner also informed me that those tiny white starfish that I love.. yeah.. they eat GSPs. Time to get a harliquin shrimp to eat them.


This rock came with a Misc SPS coral... hope it opens up and grows once I get it under MH's too.



My poor 55 gallon is full! I put the rock with coral attached into it so they have the benefits of my PC's, they are stacked pretty tightly but it's only for about 48 hours.



The rest of the rock is in a vat of saltwater with heat and now 2 powerheads to keep the water moving. I know one of the rocks has a bunch of peanut worms!



I've decided to paint the back of the 90 gallon and not bother with the back cover that just gets salt trails under it. Plans are to buy more difuser panel to make a top for the 90 and to put under the new rock to distribute the weight. I'm going to Home Depot today though to check out some PVC materials for a small platform for rock too. LOTS and LOTS of great ideas from the 3 tanks I've seen in the last few days.




No comments: