Monday, March 17, 2008

It's Up!

We're basically up with the 90 gallon tank! It took ALL weekend and the lights still need some adjustement, some sand needs moved, etc but we're basically there.

First off I decided to paint the back glass instead of using a cover, I'm hoping this'll stay nicer longer. I put a swirly base of navy blue then later topped it off with swirly black, it actually looks pretty.




I'm going to try something new.. I built this PVC stand to hold rock, a member of Utah Reefs told me it'll make it look like I have more rock than I do and will also help with circulation.

Top shot of the shelf. You can see the dark background but for some reason on film the swirlies aren't showing up.



When the first layer of paint dried this odd fish shape appeared... very weird.



Darren drilled me some holes... hrm... he won't let me use the drill /shrugs






Then I mounted my power strips onto it, it's going to be much nicer than my last setup.








Time to fill it...





Last minute I decided to put a little difuser panel on my shelf.





The 55 gallon tank is looking pretty sad!





I moved the sump over...




Then I did my initial aquascaping... sat back and waited for the dust to settle so I could start rearranging.




In the meantime I set up my sump, put the protein skimmer back in and the tubes up to the tank. I'm so excited to have the sump/fuge under the tank now instead of in a seperate room.




After who knows how many rearranges I finally found an aquascape that I like... with a big cave in the middle. Here's the left side.





And the right side...



My featherduster finally opened last night but his plume is pretty wilty looking.




Rocky tried out every nook and cranny and finally found this nice little home. Can you see him?




After all was set up I saw this! I have aiptasia... UGH.. and I can't even get to it. We tried squirting it with boiling water but it didn't seem to do the trick. I found it on the back of one of my old rocks from the 55 gallon, it had to have been there for a LONG time but oddly enough I haven't seen it spread.






MIA:
Shrek is still missing
Haven't seen the Porcelain Crab
The Cleaner Clam wasn't found either
A zoo frag is missing


Giving Away:
Butterfly (she's aggressive!)
Unnamed Coral Beauty (she's a coral nipper)


Livestock:

2 False Percs (Little Mermaid and Hercules)
2 Green Chromis (Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella)
1 LMB (Rocky)


Corals:
Tons of GSP
2 Ricordea Heads (that's all that survived)
Purple mushroom rock (looking VERY mad atm)
Digita
An Unkn SPS


The tank is looking VERY empty! I hope to get more coral and a few more fish but for now I'm going to just let everything settle and calm down.

No comments: