Sunday, June 24, 2007

Mysis Experiement

I kept hearing about Mysis shrimp and how fish love them... well I was at the fish store so I bought some, pretty cheap stuff. I toss the stuff in my tank after melting it in some warm water and it exploded into hundreds of tiny white things... oops.. overfeeding.. but will they eat it?



The term "feeding frenzy" comes to mind! The fish were frantically grabbing all they could... featherduster grabbed one... crabs were racing for them when they hit the rock...

Jaq came out of his hiding place and it was awful! He couldn't catch one... one would float by him, all of his legs would start to grasp at it and his whole body would shake then it'd float away... I think he did finally get one piece, poor guy.




Oddly enough, even the elusive Nessarius snails came out of the sand just to nab a bite at the shrimp. This one has a weird "thing" on it's bum.. hrm...



Welp, that brought my tank to life.... here's a new piece of purple corraline! Yay!!


No comments: