Thursday, July 19, 2007

Happy Xenia

Thanks to the local fish store and a lot of advice from friends.. I was able to perk my Xenia back up! He got pretty sad for a while, hanging so low his branches would touch the rocks and then he'd close up all together. Seems I had an ammonia spike from some bad Chaeto. Got rid of the Chaeto and did some (3) water changes and now it's happy again.


I'm also seeing a lot more signs of the coveted purple coralline algae! I have some purple and some pink, I'm ok with pink! Here you can see it on my rocks.




Now the patience really kicks in. With the latest round of die offs (Jaq, Chromis, etc) I'm going to slow down a bit. I hope to let the coralline grow, let the tank mature a bit and then if nothing dies in the next 2-3 weeks I'll add something small... maybe a new coral or fish but only 1 thing. I do believe I'm moving the tank too fast so... sloooooooow going now.

No comments: