Friday, October 28, 2016

Life

The tank finally has fish and some inverts!  It's been such a boring tank, and now it has movement.


First, I had to drip acclimate the three green chromis.  They didn't much like the process but are now swimming happily in the tank.  They have 150 gallons all to themselves, yet they hang around the overflow in the right corner.


I also added two cleaner clams and 10 hermit crabs.  The cleaner clams quickly disappeared beneath the sand, and the hermits went to work picking at algae.

My green star isn't doing well today.  It's been opening fully and very happy, but today, it's pouty.  I did find an aptasia growing on it, but I was able to get it out of the water and pluck it off.  I hope it opens back up today.


My leather coral is looking great!  It opens up in the morning and puffs.  I'm not entirely sure, but it looks like it may be splitting in two.


This sinularia coral never has been very happy.  It's not dead, but it's certainly not opening all the way.



No comments: