Monday, October 17, 2016

Returning

Hello all!

I took an 8 year reef tank hiatus.  First off, I got rid of my old tank for numerous issues.  When I set up my old tank, I went cheap on absolutely everything!  The rocks came out of the Utah desert.  The sand came from a bucket that'd been in someones garage for years.  Nothing was done correctly.  I caved to peer pressure and moved from a 90 to a 120 gallon, and nothing ever survived in it for long.  Even with metal halide lighting, I couldn't keep coral alive.  It go to frustrating that I sold it off.

Now?  Now I have a bigger house and the PERFECT spot for a new tank.  I'm going in a completely different direction.  The tank is going to have real live sand put into it, live rocks, and it's bigger and better than before.  This old blog has helped me a ton.  I'm old enough that I've forgotten a lot of things I did.  Some I liked and will replicate, and some I hated and won't do.  I'll try to detail this new journey.

No comments: