Monday, October 17, 2016

The Future

Here are some things I have in mind for this new tank.

First off, the lighting needs to improve.  The tank came with your every-day fluorescent lighting fixture.  That just won't do!

Lighting :
I'm going with an LED light that has 14,000K daylight and then blue lunar lights on a timer.  I found the perfect light bar on Amazon.  It's funny that my old blog has helped me create the new tank.  I couldn't remember which lights I liked, and I do remember having a set that was too yellow, and another that was too blue, and then I found a post about the 'perfect' lighting of 14,000K.

Clean up Crew:
My local fish store has a clean up crew package that has 40 snails, 40 crabs, and 2 emerald crabs.  I'll start off with those.  When things begin to flourish, I would eventually like to get a horseshoe crab and peppermint shrimp.

Fish:
Yep, it'll be a while before I get any fish.  Some of my 'must haves' are :

  • 2 false perculas
  • 2 banggai cardinals
  • 1 lawnmower blenny
  • 1 royal gramma
Inverts:
Some of my 'wanty' list
  • Brittle starfish
  • Rose bubble tip anemone
  • Condy anemone

Coral:
Even longer aware are the corals.  I won't be doing LPS or SPS for a while, if ever.  I know I won't do SPS again because I won't mess with metal halide lighting.  I hated those and the electric bill they came with.  I prefer soft, flowing coral.
  • Lots of mushrooms
  • Frogspawn
  • Zooanthids
  • Green Star Rock
  • Kenya Tree
  • Xenia

No comments: