Monday, October 17, 2016

The Tank

This time around.  I'm going with a 150 gallon tank and 40 gallon sump.  I already have the tank, which has been drilled twice with 1" bulkheads.  I have the back of the tank painted solid black with a black oil-based paint.  The old tank had latex paint and it beaded up when I painted, so I never got a solid color.  This oil-based paint looks amazing!


The bulkheads have strainers on them to keep fish out of the sump.


In the bottom of the 150 gallon tank, I have made a platform out of PVC pipe and fluorescent light grate.  I had one of those in my old 90 and I loved it!  It gives inhabitants a nice cave, plus it saves on rock by building up a little bit.  Once I get the silicone in, I'll glue the grate to the PVC using silicone.


It has a basic black stand, which will house the sump.


The 40 gallon breeder tank (which I bought used for $40) will eventually have baffles separate it into 3 compartments.  I have a protein skimmer and return pump ordered.


No comments: